Thursday, February 9, 2012

Monte Carlo


This past weekend Athena (my provider) took us on a trip to France.  I got to see the most beautiful scenery and buildings that I have seen in my life.  Every single stop that we made got better and better.  The first place we stopped at was Monaco, otherwise known as Monte-Carlo.  It took us about a six hour bus ride from Florence.  At Monte Carlo we got to see the changing of the guards at the palace.  It was very interesting that they had a riffle type of routine to change shifts.  I learned that the people that live in Monte-Carlo do not have to pay any taxes, mainly because there family has been living there for so many generations.  Our tour guide kept emphasizing that every square foot of land was worth gold.  One of the rules in Monte-Carlo is that the buildings and houses have to be colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment